Keeping your office looking and feeling clean is a full-time job, and office windows are a big part of that.
Your space can be spotless and clutter free, yet still feel drab if the windows don’t shine.
Our insider window cleaning tips will help you keep your office space looking classy on the outside and feeling luxurious on the inside.
1. Invest in the Right Equipment
It’s hard to clean a window properly without the right equipment. Start with a good sized cleaning bucket that can hold your cleaning solution and will easily fit the squeegee or mop you use for cleaning.
Not all squeegees are created equal, and purchasing a poor quality one will make your job much more difficult. The higher the quality, the better. Use this buyer’s guide to help find the right one for your office windows.
A window cleaning mop is another useful purchase. It will do all the work of scrubbing and can help get rid of hard water spots. You’ll also need several microfiber cloths and some larger towels for drying.
2. Use a Quality Cleaning Detergent
Much like proper equipment, a quality cleaning detergent can make cleaning your office windows a much easier process. You shouldn’t have to spend hours scrubbing hard water spots and other stains off of the windows, nor should you be left with streaks after you finish cleaning.
A lot of detergents contain vinegar, and some professional window cleaners even use a simple combination of vinegar and water. Shop around and try out a few different detergents to find the one you like best.
3. Clean in the Right Order
You’ve got the equipment and the cleaning detergent. Now it’s time for the actual cleaning. Clean your office windows in this order to make them sparkle:
- Fill your bucket half-way with cold water. Add the detergent to the bucket.
- Dunk the mop in the water and then rub it on the window. Apply extra elbow grease to stubborn stains, and if needed you can apply more detergent directly to the mop.
- Once the window is scrubbed clean, get the squeegee ready. Start in a top corner and, applying constant pressure, snake your way down the window, pushing all the suds and water off the window as you go. Be sure to get all the edges. It takes practice, but over time you should be able to get streak-free windows.
- Use a dry microfiber towel to wipe any remaining water or suds off of the window. This should help get rid of streaks
- Wipe up the excess water at the bottom of the window with a larger towel.
- Repeat on the other side of the window.
Town & Country Office Cleaning Can Help
Cleaning office windows can be time consuming, and at Town & Country Office Cleaning, we know your time is valuable. We’re here to take away the worry and stress of keeping your office clean. We offer a variety of handyman and commercial office cleaning services in San Jose, California, and the surrounding area. Contact us today to get started!